Monday, February 20, 2012

Fifty Years Ago

I was ten years old and in the fifth grade.  I distinctly remember sitting on my grandmother's couch in Monona and she looked at me and said "IF God had meant for man to be on the moon; he would have put us there."
We were watching television after school and the news about this Man --
John Glenn as he orbited the Earth THREE times!

Now he is older and so am I.  Grandma is long gone but I believe she may have been right.  We've been to the Moon but we are not ON the moon.  Apparently we ran out of money.

2 comments:

  1. I have a newspaper from John Glenn's flight somewhere in the shed. I suppose it's now an antique - as am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really are so many things more important than the space program to spend $$ on so I understand the grounding of the space program. I never tired of seeing those ships come back to Earth. We lived in a remarkable era didn't we?

    ReplyDelete