Thursday, May 17, 2018

Seriously? This is Comfort?

For quite some time I have longed for a pair of 'crocks' for my feet.  When they first came out, the young chicks all told me they were soooooo comfortable.  I have a lot of issues with shoes and there are only a few brands that don't seem to pinch my feet.
 Image result for blue crocs


Then hubby got a pair of 'crocks'.  He wears them like house shoes and even goes out in the snow to retrieve wood stove pellets in them.  I've slipped them on a couple of times but since his feet are soooo much bigger than mine, they don't really stay on well.

Recently Zuilly had a pair on sale, so after about 5 years, I bought a pair and

I HATE THEM!

I feel like I'm wearing Dutch wooden shoes.  They are awfully unforgiving and I even purchased a size too large to compensate for that.  Phooey.  I'm back in my old worn tired and true Teva sandals.

Apparently I have a whole 'nuter definition of comfortable than young chicks, hubby, and the company who advertises them as comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Merideth I could not agree more. I hate them too. A lot of our members at the swimming club where white ones on pool side as it does not matter if they get wet but I borrowed a pair once as my trainers had got soaked and I had blisters on blisters aftet wearing them all day!!!

    The best sandals I have found and good for your feet are Scholls. I like the wooden ones and they have a leather band over the foot. I first had them as a child as a corrective show because I was born with all my toes crossed over each other (!) They worked really well and I find them very comfy. Hugs, Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iv'e wondered about those shoes. I saw them everywhere a few years ago and heard raves about them, but they don't look comfortable to me.

    My most comfortable pair of shoes is a pair of boots, specifically a pair of Hathhorne Ranchers. I'd wear them all the time if I could.

    ReplyDelete