Thursday, July 27, 2017

July Stitches N Baseball

The unfinished projects pile has continued to dwindle during July.  In fact, I did not even photograph all of them I've completed.  But here are a few:
A beach cover-up, gifted

sweatshirt makeover, gifted

Hubby's denim work shirt


I also volunteered to sew for "Wrapped in Love" based in Douglas, Wyoming (but has chapters nationwide) which takes donated wedding dresses and makes burial gowns for stillborn infants.  A sad reality, but I understand the gowns are really needed.   I made micro and premie size gowns plus pockets for the really teeny babies.  If you sew you might consider donating some time to the organization.  Contact me for info.


And what would July be without BASEBALL?   We went in and watched the grands play several times.  Hubby (Grandpa) and I (Nana) really enjoy it.  
Catch it Grandson
Hit it! (and he did, he whacked it)
Granddaughter, run! (just hit the ball)
She's SAFE! (note the ball in upper left corner!)
#2 Granddaughter loves bugs.  She was enthralled watching these teeny ants crawl over the expose root of a cottonwood tree at the ball park.



Cows on hillside July 2017
They tell us even though we should get more precipitation with climate change, Wyoming will also be much warmer which is a net decrease in available moisture.  It seems like this July was hot, hot, hot after a cool spring with temps in the 90's most days.   Only the sub-irrigated pasture remains green, and our hillsides are burnt dry.   Fire danger is high and we have had several fires around us.







2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your clothes, something I have never been good at making. I think the outfits for the dear babies is a wonderful idea and I am sure are much appreciated. We have a similar organisation here who ask for small quilts.

    I hope the Grandchildren have a wonderful summer, they really look as if they are enjoying it. When we came over we took the Boys to see the Tampa Bay Rays and it was a great day out.

    Hope you don't get any of the fires. Hugs, Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are to be congratulated for your stick-to-itiveness, in finishing so many UFOs. I had not heard of Wrapped in Love before. What a thoughtful thing to do. I had no idea. The garments are simply spectacular.
    Speaking of "spectacular," that grandson of yours has MBL written all over him. Such intensity.

    ReplyDelete