Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight Savings


This morning I go up at our regular time of 6 a.m.  Only it's NOT 6 a.m.  Because of Daylight Savings, it's 5 a.m.   Has "Daylight" Savings ever made sense to anybody?   I do not like the re-arrangement of my body clock twice a year.  Why can't we just pick a time and stay on it year around.  I vote to stay on Daylight Savings year around BTW.  Some places they never go on Daylight Savings so if the surrounding towns do; they are always out of synch!  So much in our modern society just does NOT make sense to me.
This is a full Moon on a Wintery Wyoming Day.  We are not far off from snow season in Wyoming.
I can only hope it gets very cold in January so it kills the Pine Beetles.  It may.  October 2009 was the coldest October since records were kept and broke the records of 1906!!
If you notice in my intro, I said I've become like my grandmother.  Well actually I had two great grandmothers.  One of my fondest memories is sitting on the couch in my Grandmother DeSotel's living room and we are watching the news of John Glenn's orbit around the earth in February, 1962 so I was ten years old.  The television was one of those old floor models with a round screen and of course, the required TV Lamp on top. With all seriousness, my grandmother turned to me and said, "IF GOD had wanted men on the moon, he would have put us up there!"  I've never forgotten it; it tickled me that Grandmother was so old-fashioned.
     Later that same year after I had turned eleven and my brother was eight we stayed with Grandma and Grandpa when my parents took a fall vacation away from us kids. (Was that allowed??) I remember one morning my brother's socks were not dry from being washed so Grandma put the socks in the oven and tried to dry them quickly before we had to leave for school.  I'll never forget the look of absolute HORROR on her face when she took those socks out to give to my brother to put on--the toes were black and smoking!!!  My grandfather really laughed and my Grandmother went ballastic! She was so upset she had toasted my brother's socks and the more she ranted and raved; the harder my grandfather laughed.  She stayed mad at him for the rest of the day.  Well of course, my brother had to wear those socks as that was all that was dry. He said they were pretty 'crunchy' to walk in.
Grandma and Grandpa; I did not have enough time with you and I still miss you.   Merideth

No comments:

Post a Comment